Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A-wrist-ing Development

Clever, huh? Last night, I decided that it would be a great use of my time to make a bracelet.  And, as usual, I was right.  Or, at least I think so.  Here's the final product:

I've used 1mm leather cord (in copper, metallic green, and metallic purple) to create the look.  There is an antiqued copper "S" piece in the center. I have many color options available for leather cord, so the possibilities are seemingly endless.







This is the clasp in the back.  The leather ends are concealed by these beautiful copper cone bead caps and I have used a spring ring for the closure.  The stiffer nature of the leather makes the bracelet easy to fasten.

I'm hoping to explore more design options with the bracelets in the near future, so stay tuned!
-Allison

1 comment:

  1. This bracelet is made with 15 1mm strands of leather cord. The amount can be varied, but I always think more is better. (Surprised?)

    ReplyDelete