Monday, July 26, 2010

Here are some images of work I have done so far (but this isn't everything).

This is the very first piece of copper I ever etched.  In true southern fashion, I opted for my monogram.  The piece measures about 2" in diameter.  I drilled a hole in the top and added a wire bell to it so that it could hang from a chain.  (Note: my circle-cutting ablilities have improved dramatically since then!)










This piece is of a hydrangea bloom.  I see them everywhere in Greenville, and I think they are beautiful.  This pendant is approximately 1.75" in diameter.  I have also made matching earrings for this pendant.  They are available as a set or separate.







Here are the earrings.  Right now, they are on kidney wires, but I can change them to different wires depending on your style.











Truly an image of southern charm.  This is a piece of the state of South Carolina, etched with its symbollic Palmetto tree and crescent moon (the same images that adorn the emblematic state flag).  I cut this piece by hand, which was significantly more time-consuming than a standard circle, but extremely rewarding when you consider the final product. It is approximately 1.5" across.  The hole is drilled on the balancing point, so it will hang nicely on a necklace!



Here is another southern icon: the Cooper River Bridge in Charleston, SC.  This pendant is approximately 1.75" in diameter.  (This is one of my favorites.)










I will continue to post pictures as I get the chance, so stay tuned!
-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment